Our dentist may recommend a dental crown to repair a tooth damaged by oral trauma, injury, or infection, as a crown can restore its function and appearance. It’s important to treat your dental crown like a real tooth to keep it in good shape and allow it to benefit your smile for years.
At White Pearl Dentistry, we offer dental crowns made with porcelain, porcelain fused with metal, or gold, and your crown is designed to fit your needs using the an appropriate dental material. We are pleased to offer custom-crafted dental crowns for greater appearance, strength, and protection, especially if you have a discolored or unflattering tooth that requires cosmetic dentistry.
Once your dental crown is placed, use the following tips to keep it protected and beautiful:
– Don’t crunch on hard food like candy and ice.
– Avoid opening packages with your teeth.
– Don’t cope with stress by chewing on your fingernails.
– Ask about treatment for bruxism if you find yourself frequently clenching and grinding your teeth.
– Brush about twice a day to keep cavities and gum disease at bay.
– Use dental floss or another interdental cleaner to floss every day where the dental crown meets the gums.
– Visit the dentist for regular dental cleanings to remove any tartar.
To learn more about how to care for a dental crown in Ann Arbor, Michigan, contact White Pearl Dentistry at 734-222-0055 today and discuss your dental crown options with Dr. Nadia Hamouda.